Monday, July 21, 2008

Divine Interruptions

Yesterday, I was leading the singing with the Praise Team at our church when the presence of the Lord came. It was awesome!
The special visitation of the Holy Spirit came as a direct result of our worshipping in spirit and in truth and in so doing caused a "Divine Interruption".
Things changed from the moment the presence of the Lord began to fall.
Programs ceased, routine was squelched, our format was completely disregarded in one single "God moment".
We didn't even care! We were caught up into "the most holy place...to set in heavenly places with Christ Jesus our Lord".
Just common people gathered together in one common place to join in one common purpose and experienced a very uncommon thing....(at least in most churches today).
Praises went up....God came down! For one and one half hours we continually worshipped. There was no preaching today because the Holy Spirit had been sent to feed us "heavenly manna"...
Imagine it...we hungered, we thirsted....and we were filled!
God's manifest presence was so real that it seemed that the room glowed with the most brilliant white gold light.
As I sang in worship to Him, I lost all consciousness of what was happening around me as I freely worshipped the Lover of my Soul!
It was as if I could have easily stepped from this life into the next...not beyond, but through the vail of seperation...into His actual presence forever... and oh, what a joy it would have been if the Lord had allowed me to do it.
I resolved that if I am to pass before His return, this is the way I want to go!
Even the children got involved in praise and before the service was over, they were asking for prayer for their lost parents.
Divine Interruptions!
Just when you least expect it, when you need it the most....God sends the blessing of a Divine Interruption into your life to help you recognize that He is still there, He is very much in love with you and has a plan of action far beyond your imagination... and that everything will be alright.
He is in control!

1 comment:

Butterfly_Kisses said...

We serve and awsome God!
I love it when God shows up.
I was there, and there was
a mighty wind blowing that day.
God is so good.
Butterfly Kisses

Followers