Saturday, December 23, 2023

"I Cried"


I reached to touch the hem of your garment; to find healing in your wings.

I cried aloud, "Son of David! Have mercy upon me." 

I waded through deep waters of torment in the night, scraping sores from my rotting body with no help in sight.

I went down into the river obeying your command. 

I walked through desert places: darkness was my closest friend. 

My blinded eyes begged open, "I need to see the Son!" 

My broken limbs would not carry me, to the Holy One. 

I cried out in the darkness, I cried out from the streets.

I cried out from the Temple, I cried for sweet release. 

I cried out from the multitude, my voice whispered in the wind. 

I cried out from the deep only to be broken once again. 

I cried, I cried, 

I cried out, I cried...

I cried and I cried but each time I woke I felt a little more of me had died. 

When at last, I lay there weeping upon my tear stained bed... 

Hopelessness surrounded me as pain tore at my head. 

A sweet fragrance gently filled the room and drove the war away.

A tender voice, a familiar song... as He began to say

Arise up my beloved ! Your cries have reached my throne. 

Take up your bed and walk on now, for I have made you whole.

The issues now are settled, the debt for sin was paid. 

No longer will you lay here; groaning life away.

I've walked through all these places that have tormented day and night. 

I walked up a rugged hill and gave for you my life. 

No more shall you be weary, from a life of pain and woe. 

No longer will you stand weeping, for I have made you whole. 

"You are whole!

No comments:

Followers